The Backdrop community is proud to announce our 100th release 1.16.0!
We've come along way and there are many enhancements from the v1.0.0 days of Backdrop. Many new features, new faces, and new initiatives. All and all we are a growing, learning, and thriving community. Have a quick glance at a fresh install of v.1.0.0 next to an install of 1.16.0.
a pretty big contrast there! Alright, enough with the nostalgia let's dig into what's new with 1.16.0.
Major new features in Backdrop 1.16
Let's step through the release notes and highlight the new features.
- Any configuration value can be overridden in settings.php backdrop/backdrop-issues#2805
// Caching $config['system.core']['cache'] = FALSE; $config['system.core']['preprocess_css'] = FALSE; $config['system.core']['preprocess_js'] = FALSE;
These overrides work for any config value not just the three shown. Very powerful! So, for example if you have a production stripe API key and a test one you can override your local to always hit the test API without corrupting production data.
- Autocomplete is now available on all link/path fields backdrop/backdrop-issues#3764
This is a great feature for content editors. When adding a link to your content the filed can be auto-populated with existing content from your site.
- Author and Date display can now be customized for each content type backdrop/backdrop-issues#2379
This nifty feature allows us to customize the Date and Authoring information per content type. Visit `/admin/structure/types/manage/post` for the Post content type for example:
- Double dashes in the menu parent select list have been replaced with a Middot backdrop/backdrop-issues#4218
- Text filter configuration has been moved into modals backdrop/backdrop-issues#1032
- The password field is now hidden when the Notification checkbox is checked on the user account creation form backdrop/backdrop-issues#4266
removed_blocksproperty has been added to the
- A new
theme_has_color_support()function has been added backdrop/backdrop-issues#4044
- Content can now have an active revision that is not the most recent revision (no UI included) backdrop/backdrop-issues#4354
- Cacheing is now enabled for the core entity types, and available for all others backdrop/backdrop-issues#74